Fall is a beloved season. There’s a lot going on: a new school routine, classes, tailgates and, best of all, spooky season. Usually, the fall semester flies by. At least for me, it can be hard to get out of College Park during September. You make plans or have ideas to explore, but leaving the city’s bubble can be difficult.

This weekend, however, there’s no home football game. The temperature ranges from mid 50s to high 80s. The campus will probably be quiet, making it a perfect weekend to go explore Washington, D.C. There is so much art, music, food and theatre to explore — only a 20-minute Metro ride away. Take advantage of the nice weather and attend some new activities during this fall season!

Here are five things to do in D.C. this weekend:

1. The REACH at the Kennedy Center (until Sept. 22)

The Kennedy Center is mostly known for ballet, musical and theatrical performances. In September, it debuted the REACH, a new extension with indoor and outdoor activities and shows. These new spaces are stunning, modern and innovative. Each space is art within itself.

Available to the public, the opening festival features a virtual reality lounge, dance classes, concerts, workshops and more. The Kennedy Center has always facilitated the arts, but the REACH is interactive and up to the individual, you can decide what you want to experience. The festival is free for anyone to attend — an opportunity too good to pass up.

[Read more: Bird scooters mean another sweat- and worry-free way to class]

2. ARTECHOUSE Live (Sept. 19, 20 and 21)

ARTECHOUSE is known for its innovative and interactive art exhibits. They combine technology and moving visuals into stunning collections. This weekend it’s presenting “a new series of audiovisual performances at the intersection of music and digital arts.” Each artist will showcase their work on a different night.

CLAUDE, an electronic musician and audiovisual artist, expresses organisms in human memory in his work Synapse, with real-time audiovisuals reflecting glitching sounds. Artists Daito Manabe and SUBHAZE will perform Audio Visual, creating a symphonic and ethereal experience through classical sounds and pulsating visuals. Find all of this at ARTECHOUSE Live.

3. H Street Festival (Sept. 21)

H Street is an iconic area of Washington D.C. This single-day festival stretches for 11 blocks and features diverse music, dance performances and fashion. Focused on the arts, this festival is known for celebrating the cultures of various heritages. H Street Festival draws more than 150,000 visitors, all coming for exciting live performances. Visit the annual festival for a multicultural experience.

[Read more: I tried three new menu items from Good Uncle and I think you should try them, too]

4. Taste of Georgetown (Sept. 22)

I am passionate about a lot of things, but nothing comes close to my passion for food. I will definitely be partaking in Taste of Georgetown this Sunday. This event features foods and drinks from over 30 restaurants in the area. Beer and wine tasting will also be available throughout the festival.

Not only does this event feature some absolutely bomb food, it also benefits the Georgetown Ministry Center in its pursuit to help the homeless. Good food for a good cause. You can buy tickets for food and drinks ahead of time, or the day of. Make sure to get your “taste tickets” because this event is free to enter, but vendors only accept tickets. Catch me there Sunday scarfing down some District Doughnuts.

5. Theatre Week (until Sept. 29)

Celebrating the beginning of D.C.’s theatre season, you can find super discounted shows this weekend during Theatre Week. There are so many different shows offered at a discounted price — and the quality of theatre for the price is unbeatable. With comedies, dramas and musicals, there’s something for everyone. Especially if you aren’t into theatre, now is a great time to try something different and experiment with your entertainment.

Go out and get cultured this weekend!