Last week marked the end of New York Fashion Week, where talented designers showcased their spring/summer 2020 collections. Here are some trends spotted on the runways:

Balloon Sleeves and Bubble Hems

Seen on the runways of Staud, Tory Burch, Christian Siriano and Sandy Liang, balloon sleeves and bubble hems are likely to be trendy for yet another season. These can be found on dresses, skirts or blouses, and you can easily style them with jeans and a pair of statement heels to make them pop.

Editorial Makeup

Editorial makeup looks have been around and on runways for ages. But the rise of Zendaya’s HBO hit, Euphoria, has increased the popularity of such looks among us common folk. Brands such as Pyer Moss and Sandy Liang — which featured models in a minimalistic linear eye look — incorporated very daring and unique makeup looks into their shows; they’ll likely influence trends for the upcoming spring/summer season.

Boxy Silhouettes

Featured in the collections of Zero + Maria Cornejo, Pyer Moss, Dion Lee, and Staud, boxy silhouettes were very popular this fashion week. In the form of blazers, dresses, coats or even shorts, this versatile silhouette gave very androgynous and authoritative vibes that I look forward to seeing in spring 2020. 

[Read more: What Forever 21’s potential bankruptcy means for other fast fashion companies]

Corsets

Corsets have been on trend for a while now, and clearly their reign of terror on our wardrobes won’t be ending anytime soon — Vaquera, Staud, Eckhaus Latta and Johnathan Simkhai saw fit to include such pieces in their newest collections. And the best part? You don’t have to wait until next spring to rock them. Corsets can be styled in the autumn or winter months with a button-down shirt, turtleneck top or a dress to keep you warm and looking sweet.

Blazers and Shoulder Pads

If you’re like me, then you’ve probably been running from shoulder pads for as long as you could walk. But run no more! A good shoulder padding on an oversized blazer helps cinch the waist and can flatter a variety of body types. This style can actually look gorgeous — and not like you’re drowning in fabric — when paired with a statement belt, or even opting for a cropped version.

[Read more: Review: Peter Frampton brought the magic of ‘70s rock to The Anthem stage]

American Cowboy 

This isn’t exactly one piece, but rather an aesthetic, if you will. Considering the current political climate, it’s no surprise that Prabal Gurung and Laquan Smith featured collections that were inspired by American and cowboy culture. Their work defied Eurocentric narratives of what it means — and what it looks like — to be American. Incorporating this aesthetic into your style doesn’t have to be as daunting as it seems. Cowboy boots, obnoxious belt buckles and denim are some staples for a cowboy-inspired look.

Sheer Fabric

This fabric was spotted on the runways of many brands last week, including Aliette, Sandy Liang, Pyer Moss and Kim Shui. Sheer fabric can be tricky to style if you’re not a fan of being too risqué, but such pieces can easily be layered over tanks, tube tops or full outfits for added flare.