Police responded to a reported attempted robbery near the Mitchell Building Thursday night, according to a UMD alert. No weapons were involved.

In a second alert at 8:33 p.m., University Police described two male suspects — one who wore a red shirt and black shorts, and the other who wore a black shirt.

The victim, a male student, was walking westbound on Campus Drive when the incident occurred, University Police spokesperson Rosanne Hoaas said. The two suspects were walking in the opposite direction from the victim — one hit the victim on the head and demanded the victim’s property, she said.

They did not obtain the property and left. The victim sustained minor injuries and received medical attention, Hoaas said.

The incident occurred at around 6:45 p.m., but wasn’t reported until about 7:38 p.m., she added.

A preliminary camera review showed the males boarded a Metro bus that left campus on Campus Drive and Adelphi Road, a third alert read.

Police issued an “all clear” by 9:02 p.m. The investigation is ongoing.

“Once we do a more comprehensive review of the cameras, we’ll see what we can find,” Hoaas said. “Right now, everything’s still very much active.”

Anyone in the area at the time should call the University Police’s non-emergency line at 301-405-3555 or submit an anonymous tip, she said.

This story has been updated.