A man was arrested following an argument near Cornerstone Grill and Loft on Friday evening.

According to police spokesperson Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas, Antonio Delante Ayers, 24, was yelling at a woman on the corner of Baltimore Avenue and Knox Road just after 11 p.m. When police told him to stop his yelling, he “would not listen to the officer’s commands” and resisted arrest, Hoaas wrote in a statement.  

Several police officers arrived at the scene. 

[Read more: UMD Police are investigating a reported rape in Elkton Hall]

Sara Chernikoff, a junior journalism major, was walking to the area when she said she and her friends saw several police cars drive past. When they walked closer, they saw the woman crying, she said.

An officer eventually handcuffed Ayers, an Upper Marlboro resident.

Video Chernikoff took of the altercation shows several police officers surrounding Ayers as he appeared to resist arrest. Ayers’ girlfriend claimed the argument was over her missing cell phone, which Ayers had in his possession, according to Hoaas. She was filmed crying after the incident.

“What am I supposed to do?” the woman said between sobs. 

[Read more: UMD Police are looking for a suspect who reportedly stole two wallets earlier this month]

Ayers’ friends and the woman he was in the argument with appeared to not understand why he was being detained, Chernikoff said. 

Ayers also has an open warrant through the Prince George’s County Police Department for a felony theft.