University of Maryland Police responded to reports of DWI/DUIs, theft and a suspicious person in the past three weeks, according to police logs.

DWI/DUI

On Aug. 15, at about 1:45 a.m., University Police stopped a silver sedan for speeding near the intersection of Route 1 and Greenbelt Road, police spokesperson Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas wrote in an email.

The driver did not perform the field sobriety tests as instructed and was arrested, Hoaas wrote. This case is closed.

In two other incidents that same day, at about 2 a.m. and again at about 11:45 p.m., University Police responded to reports of DWI/DUI near Route 1, according to police logs. University Police did not respond to requests for further information before the time of publication.

Theft

University Police responded to two reports of scooter theft Aug. 8.

At about 12:45 p.m., University Police responded to a report that a student’s white scooter was stolen from the parking garage on Mowatt Lane, Hoaas wrote. The student reported the theft happened sometime between July 25 and Aug. 8.

Later that day, at about 4:30 p.m., another student reported her scooter was stolen near the Varsity Team House, sometime between 3 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. the day before, Hoaas wrote.

Police are reviewing surveillance video of both incidents, and both cases are active.

On Aug. 12, at about 10:40 p.m., University Police responded to another theft report at parking lot N4, near Eppley Recreation Center. A male with no affiliation to this university told police his gym bag was stolen at about 10:30 p.m., Hoaas wrote.

Hoaas wrote the male placed his bag down on a set of stairs and started working out. Once he realized his bag was gone, Hoaas wrote he ran toward La Plata Hall to find the bag. As he was walking back, he located his bag, and no property was missing.

Police are reviewing surveillance video and this case is active.

Suspicious Person

On Aug. 17, University Police were conducting a check of the Iribe Center at about 5:30 a.m. when they noticed an exterior door of the building was open, Hoaas wrote.

An officer entered the building and found a female with no affiliation to this university sleeping on a couch in the lobby of the building.

The female was issued a denial of access to all of campus and this case is closed, Hoaas wrote.