University of Maryland Police responded to reports of a hate bias incident, DWI/DUIs, vandalism and CDS violations over the last week, according to daily crime logs.

Hate bias incident

On Tuesday at about 1 a.m., University Police responded to Caroline Hall for a reported hate bias incident.

The building’s resident assistants told police that around 11:30 p.m., two students walked into a lounge and saw several males playing a video game. The screen showed a comment that was offensive to the Jewish community, police spokesperson Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas wrote in an email.

University Police interviewed the seven students. One was referred to the Office of Student Conduct, Hoaas wrote.

DWI/DUI

On Tuesday at about 12:35 a.m., University Police stopped a vehicle on Route 1 at Rossborough Lane for a traffic violation.

When the officer spoke with the driver, they smelled alcohol on her, Hoaas wrote in an email.

Police arrested and charged Ashley Wiggins, 26, of Washington, D.C., with driving under the influence of alcohol and multiple traffic citations.

Also on Tuesday, at about 12:40 a.m., University Police stopped a vehicle in the area of Campus Drive near the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute for a traffic infraction, Hoaas wrote.

The driver, Bernard Khoury, 48, of College Park, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving while impaired by alcohol and multiple traffic citations.

Vandalism

On Wednesday at about 7:30 a.m., University Police responded to Lot 10A, near Courtyards, for a report of vandalism.

A male with no university affiliation reported to police that sometime between Tuesday and Wednesday, his driver’s side front and rear tires were cut, making them go flat, Hoaas wrote.

Police are reviewing video surveillance of the area and this case is active.

CDS violations

University Police issued multiple citations for CDS violations last week.

On May 6, at about 2:30 p.m., University Police responded to Cumberland Hall for a service call and smelled marijuana coming from the hallway, Hoaas wrote.

University Police issued a civil citation for possessing fewer than 10 grams of marijuana to a male student at this university and referred him — and two other male students he was with — to the Office of Student Conduct.

On Tuesday at about 10:30 p.m., University Police also issued a civil citation for possessing fewer than 10 grams of marijuana to a different male student, who they referred to the Office of Student Conduct. The incident occurred at the pedestrian tunnel near the Memorial Chapel, Hoaas wrote.

And on Wednesday at about 1:30 a.m., University Police responded to a traffic stop at Route 1 and Berwyn Road for a possible intoxicated driver and CDS violation, Hoaas wrote.

The driver, Jade Campbell, 22, of Lanham, was arrested and charged with DUI, DWI and possessing over 10 grams of marijuana. The passenger, a female with no university affiliation, was issued a civil citation for possessing fewer than 10 grams of marijuana, Hoaas wrote.

All cases are closed.