Maryland men’s basketball forward Trace Ramsey has entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal, the freshman announced Wednesday on Twitter.

Though entering the transfer portal does not guarantee a move will be made, Ramsey’s tweet indicated he will not return to College Park.

“In discussions with my family and Coach [Mark] Turgeon, I have decided to enter the transfer portal and continue my education and playing career at another institution,” Ramsey tweeted. “I appreciate all the support from the Maryland community and look forward to this next step in my journey.”

“It was a pleasure to coach Trace this season and I appreciate everything he brought to our program,” Turgeon said in a statement. “Trace is a talented basketball player with a great future ahead of him and we will continue to support him throughout this transfer process.”

Ramsey appeared in five games as a freshman this season for the Terps, accumulating 10 minutes of play. His only point came on a free throw against Marshall in November. The Valparaiso, Indiana, native joined Maryland’s top-15 ranked 2018 recruiting class, but didn’t have the same impact as other rookies around him.

Ramsey averaged 17 points per game during his prep year at Bosco Institute in Crown Point, Indiana.

Ramsey’s announcement comes two days after forward Bruno Fernando and guard Anthony Cowan declared for the NBA Draft, although both players can return to College Park if they withdraw by May 29.

[Read more: Maryland basketball’s Bruno Fernando, Anthony Cowan will declare for NBA Draft]

Turgeon welcomes the No. 29-ranked recruiting class for next season, per 247sports, including two centers and a small forward. Ramsey’s departure figures to make room on the 15-man roster for Turgeon to seek out a graduate transfer.

“I’m grateful for the opportunity I’ve had this past year at Maryland,” Ramsey posted. “I want to thank my coaches and teammates for making my first season in college basketball a positive experience.”