University of Maryland Police responded to reports of trespassing, theft and CDS violations this week, according to police logs.

Trespassing

On Monday at about 11 a.m., University Police responded to a trespassing incident at the Marriott Hotel.

A male employee told police that a man was behaving in an inappropriate manner toward a female employee, police spokesperson Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas wrote in an email.

Police identified the man, and determined he was denied access to campus.

Police arrested the man, Oladimeji Oluwadare Abegunrin, 32, of Hyattsville, and charged him with trespassing on school grounds and trespassing at a public agency, Hoaas wrote.

This case is closed.

Theft

On Tuesday at about 4:30 p.m., a female employee at this university told police that someone stole her tablet, Hoaas wrote.

The theft happened between Jan. 15 and Feb. 2, and police do not know where the tablet was taken from.

This case is active.

On Tuesday night, University Police also responded to the Microbiology Building for a reported theft.

A female student at this university said her bag, which had various items in it, was stolen from an unsecured locker between 7 and 9 p.m., Hoaas wrote.

Police are reviewing area camera footage. This case is active.

CDS violations

On Monday at about 8:30 p.m., University Police responded to Elkton Hall for a controlled dangerous substances violation.

Police told a male student they were there because someone had smelled marijuana, and they found the resident had less than 10 grams of it, Hoaas wrote.

He was issued a civil citation and police referred him to the Office of Student Conduct.

Later that evening, at about 9 p.m., a resident assistant in Elkton Hall told an officer about a CDS violation.

Police knocked on the door, and explained to the male student that someone had smelled marijuana. They determined he possessed less than 10 grams of marijuana, Hoaas wrote.

Police issued the student a civil citation, and referred him to the Office of Student Conduct.

On Tuesday at about 9 p.m., University Police also responded to another CDS violation in Ellicott Hall.

An officer was walking through the building when he smelled marijuana coming from a room. He knocked on the door, and told a male resident why he was there. He found the resident had less than 10 grams of marijuana, Hoaas wrote.

The male was issued a civil citation.

All of these cases are closed.