Opponent: No. 24 Nebraska (11-2, 1-1 Big Ten)

Location: Xfinity Center, College Park, Maryland

Tipoff: 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 2

Last game: Maryland beat Radford 78-64, Nebraska beat Southwest Minnesota State (D2) 79-38

Last matchup: Feb. 13, 2018 in Lincoln, Nebraska — Nebraska 70, Maryland 66

Odds: Nebraska (-1.5), per Oddsshark

Kenpom prediction: Maryland wins, 71-70

TV: BTN — Kevin Kugler (play-by-play) and Seth Davis (analyst)

Streaming: BTN2Go

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network (980 AM D.C., 105.7 FM Baltimore) — Johnny Holliday (play-by-play), Chris Knoche (analyst) and Walt Williams (analyst)

Student Radio: WMUC Sports — Connor Newcomb and Jarred Belman

What to watch for Maryland: Getting Cowan going

Maryland is 10-3 on the season, but the Terps have not yet gotten the best out of Anthony Cowan. The junior guard is averaging 16.5 points per game, which leads the team, but is shooting only 32.5 percent from three-point range and is averaging three turnovers per game. Cowan shot just 4-for-17 from the floor in Maryland’s loss to Purdue on Dec. 6, and he’ll have to be more efficient if the Terps want to pick up some quality wins in Big Ten play.

What to watch for Nebraska: Cowan’s high school teammate, James Palmer

Nebraska’s redshirt senior guard James Palmer played at St. John’s College High School alongside Anthony Cowan, and he is now also one of the best guards in the Big Ten. Palmer is the Big Ten’s second-leading scorer, averaging 19.6 points per game, and has scored in double figures in every game this season. He also put up a game-high 26 points — 24 of which came in the second half — when the Huskers beat the Terps last season. If Maryland can’t stop Palmer in his homecoming game, it could be a long day.