Former Terps goalkeeper Zack Steffen has had quite the month for Major League Soccer’s Columbus Crew.

Steffen has played five games this month for Columbus. And in those five games, he has allowed exactly zero goals. In 450 minutes this month, not a single opposing player has been able to get the ball past Steffen.

Steffen’s goalkeeping has helped Columbus pick up three wins and two draws, because as you may know, it’s impossible to lose a soccer match when your opponent doesn’t score any goals.

Along the way, Steffen has made some pretty impressive saves to keep his opponents off the scoresheet, which we of course have highlights of.

My personal favorite is this save he made against American legend Clint Dempsey in Seattle against the Sounders.

This save against the New England Revolution is pretty solid as well.

Most recently, he extended his clean sheet streak to five games by shutting out Sporting Kansas City.

Steffen held onto his clean sheet even with Columbus playing the entire second half a man down, after midfielder Federico Higuain got a red card right before halftime.

It’s great to see a former Terp finding success in the pros, and performances like this only increase the chances the 23-year-old will have opportunities to represent his country as the starting goalkeeper for the US men’s national team going forward.