After Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson resigned last week following a six-month sabbatical, the school said it will conduct a national search for his replacement.

There’s been no word on possible candidates, outside of acting athletic director Damon Evans, so we thought we’d take it upon ourselves to provide the best candidate. Here’s our top 10 list of the best, and definitely most qualified, people for the job.

10. Johnny Holliday

The voice of the Maryland Terrapins since 1979, Holliday has been announcing Terps football and basketball games longer than some of the other candidates have been alive. He may have to step away from his Nationals show on MASN, but this job would be an upgrade.

9. Mike Locksley

Lockley started at Maryland as an offensive coordinator under Randy Edsall and took over as interim head coach after Edsall was fired. He recently got promoted to offensive coordinator for Nick Saban at Alabama after joining his staff in 2016. It shouldn’t be too hard to drag him away from that job, I mean, it’s only Alabama.

8. Don Markus

Along with Holliday, Markus is the foremost authority on all things Terps. The Baltimore Sun’s Maryland men’s basketball beat reporter since 1985, he’s covered Maryland through Sweet Sixteens, Final Fours, and a national title. It’s about time he helps brings us more.

7. CJ Brown

Brown may have been at Maryland for six years, but it feels like he still has some unfinished business here. After two years as a redshirt and four as a signal caller, Brown’s got more experience in College Park than any player before him and he can put that to good use.

6. Steve Blake

Blake helped lead the Terps to a national championship in 2002 and is one of the all-time greats in the men’s basketball program. Now that his professional career has wrapped up, he’s got some time on his hands.

5. Jake Layman

The four-year basketball star brought the Terps to a Sweet Sixteen in his senior season. Layman isn’t getting the time he deserves with the Portland Trail Blazers, so let him take a job where he’ll be appreciated for his talent.

4. Cathy Reese

Reese has accomplished about as much as you can with the Terps women’s lacrosse team. She deserves a promotion, and seeing as there’s no better program than Maryland, the only place she can go from here is AD.

3. Gary Williams

The legend of Gary Williams will be in Maryland history forever. He built the Terps basketball program from the ground up, so why not take the reigns of all Maryland sports?

2. Larry David

David was the mind behind ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm,’ why not take a stab at our athletic department? I think it’d turn out pretty, pretty, pretty good.

1. Scott Van Pelt

SVP is one of the most notable Marylanders and has been a proud Terps fan throughout his career in sports media. He leads SportsCenter at midnight so I’m sure he has plenty of time for a day job.