There are a few names that light up a Maryland fans’ eyes, but no one player may get the reception that Greivis Vasquez does.

The former Terps guard is returning to College Park on Sunday when the No. 6-ranked Michigan State Spartans come to Xfinity Center. Prior to the game, Vazquez will be participating in multiple events, including a notebook drive for his foundation and a legends chat with the one and only Gary Williams.

Vasquez famously showed up in the student section during the second half of Maryland’s game against Georgetown on Nov. 17, 2015. Vasquez came straight from his game at the then-Verizon Center as his Milwaukee Bucks were taking on the Washington Wizards, and electrified the Xfinity Center crowd, which led the Terps to a 75-71 victory.

In his four years at Maryland, Vasquez averaged 16 points per games while leading the Terps to three NCAA tournament appearances. Upon declining the NBA for his senior season, he returned to College Park to average 19.6 points per game and take home ACC Player of the Year and second team All-American honors.

He spent eight seasons in the NBA with the Memphis Grizzlies, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors, Milwaukee Bucks and Brooklyn Nets. After being released by Nets last season while battling through injury, Vasquez has yet to be signed and continues the work of the foundation he started while in the league.

Maryland will be hosting the Greivis Vasquez Foundation notebook drive, collecting school supplies for children prior to the game. In addition, Vasquez will be joining his former coach, Hall of Famer Gary Williams, in a legends chat in Heritage Hall. Soon after, Maryland will take on the Spartans in a huge test for the Terps.

Following the close loss to Indiana, Maryland sits at 4-5 in the Big Ten and 15-7 overall. Going up against Michigan State will be one of the best opportunities the Terps will have this season to bolster their tournament resume. With Vazquez, Williams, and of course, Scott Van Pelt in attendance, the team has some legendary fans to impress.