Christmas is about spreading holiday cheer, spending time with family and — most importantly — getting presents. Here’s what we think some of Maryland’s teams would want to see under the tree this holiday season, to help them in the year to come.

Football: An easier schedule

Every year, Maryland knows it’ll have to go through a gauntlet of Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State. That means its schedule will always be pretty tough. Of course, what the Terps didn’t know before 2017 is that they’d play the only two teams that finished the regular season unbeaten: UCF and Wisconsin. On top of that, they also had to face 9-3 Northwestern, the current No. 21 team in the College Football Playoff rankings. While Maryland can’t do anything about the Big Ten East, next year we can be sure the team would want to avoid facing an unbeaten Group of Five school and the two best squads in the other half of the conference.

Men’s basketball: A way to cut down on turnovers

Out of 351 teams in the country, Maryland ranks 338th in turnovers per game. It’s hardly a secret the Terps have issues holding onto the ball — they struggle with ball security even against mid-majors like Fairleigh Dickinson. Maryland’s turnovers could be the kind of thing that prevents the team from making its fourth straight trip to the NCAA tournament, so the Terps will be hoping for a present of some sort on Christmas that can resolve the issue. (Let’s just hope they don’t go the Dwight Howard route.)

Volleyball: A more generous selection committee

As Terps Watch previously wrote about, Maryland volleyball got the short end of the stick this season when it came to making the NCAA tournament, with mid-majors like High Point and College of Charleston being chosen over a Big Ten school with a brutal schedule. Next year, Steve Aird and his team will be wishing for a selection committee that gives more credit to a power conference team.

Men’s soccer: A larger goal

Sasho Cirovski’s squad scored a grand total of two goals in its last six contests during a late-season collapse that ended with the Terps losing their first game of the NCAA Tournament for the second straight year. Maryland will need something to prevent a scoring drought like that in 2018. Maybe a larger net for its players to shoot at would do the trick.

Women’s lacrosse: A totally normal, uneventful year

When it comes to women’s lax, there’s really no one better than the Terps. Maryland has won three out of the past four national championships, played in the past five title games and made the NCAA tournament in every year since 1990. As long as a meteor doesn’t hit the earth or something else crazy happens, the Terps should have another great season.