University of Maryland Police responded to reports of a weapons violation, disorderly conduct and suspicious persons during the past 10 days, according to police reports.

Weapons violation

University Police responded to 10 Fraternity Row for a suspicious persons report on Nov. 24 at about 11:15 p.m., police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said.

The Security Operations Center told police four men were looking into houses and bike racks at multiple locations, Hoaas said. An officer tried to stop the men, but they fled the scene on bikes.

After searching the area, officers were able to stop two members of the group and found dangerous weapons on both men. James Ferrell, 34, of Washington, D.C., was charged with fourth-degree burglary and carrying a concealed dangerous weapon. Tamar Simmons, 24, of Capitol Heights was also charged with carrying a concealed dangerous weapon. Ferrell and Simmons were taken to the Department of Corrections for processing. This case is closed.

Disorderly conduct

University Police responded to the 7300 block of Route 1 on Wednesday at 2:18 a.m. when someone reported seeing two people in bushes, Hoaas said.

An officer found two men, with one requiring medical attention. The officer told the other man, 20-year-old John Moore of Silver Spring, to move so he could assist the man, but he refused to listen, Hoaas said.

The officer handcuffed Moore, who tried to ask about his detention and then shouted at the officer when he didn’t respond, Hoaas said.

Moore cursed at the officer several times, and the officer arrested him on the scene. He was issued a criminal citation for disorderly conduct and released.

This case is closed.

On Nov. 25 at about 5:45 p.m at Maryland Stadium, an officer found a man acting aggressively toward a Maryland State Police Trooper, Hoaas said.

The officer directed the man away from the trooper, Hoaas said. A friend of the man then grabbed him, took him out of the stadium and came back to apologize.

The first man then came back and started to yell and curse at the officer. He tried to move toward the officer, who pushed him away, Hoaas said. Another officer arrived, and the man was brought to the ground, arrested and taken back to the police station for processing. He was later released with a criminal citation for disorderly conduct. This case is closed.

Suspicious person/auto

University Police responded to Mowatt Lane Garage on Nov. 26 at about 8:50 a.m. for a report of a suspicious person, according to Hoaas. The Security Operations Center told police a man was holding a bag and pair of pliers.

Officers located 29-year-old Nile Braboy of Hyattsville as he was leaving the garage on a bicycle and told him to stop, Hoaas said. Braboy refused, and officers followed him until they were able to apprehend him by South Campus Commons 7.

Braboy had dropped the bag while being chased, but officers were able to recover it, along with pliers and the bicycle. Braboy was taken to the Department of Corrections for processing. This case is closed.

Telephone/email misuse

University Police responded to a report of Title IX-related telephone/email misuse at 10:28 a.m. on Thursday for an incident that occurred at 11:57 a.m. on Wednesday on the 4300 block of Chapel Lane. This case is active.