University of Maryland Police responded to reports of burglary, assault and trespassing during the past 10 days, according to police reports.

Burglary

University Police arrested a man on burglary charges after stopping a car for a traffic violation on Nov. 18 at 1:40 a.m. on Route 1 past Lakeland Road.

An officer stopped the car and asked the driver to step out of the vehicle, but the man tried to walk away, police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said.

The officer was able to stop the driver, 20-year-old Stephan Ombolo of Columbia, but he then ran away from the officer into a building on the 4800 block of Berwyn Road, Hoaas said.

Officers found Ombolo in the building and arrested him. He was taken to the Department of Corrections on charges of fourth-degree burglary or forced entry, possession of more than 10 grams of marijuana and possession of a dangerous non-narcotic.

This case is closed.

Assault

University Police received a report of assault at Maryland Stadium on Nov. 18 at 5:01 p.m. A man told an officer he was assaulted, but no injuries were reported, Hoaas said.

The man was advised on how to file charges at the commissioner’s office. This case is closed.

Trespassing

On Nov. 21 at 12:19 a.m., an officer saw two people running on the rooftop of the Chemistry Building. Officers found two male students and two female students on the roof, Hoaas said.

The students were referred to the Office of Student Conduct. This case is closed.

DWI/DUI

University Police responded to DWI/DUI incident on Nov. 20 at 12:01 a.m.

The driver was arrested. This case is closed.