Opponent: Stony Brook Seawolves (18-14 last season)

Location: Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York

Tipoff time: 7:00 p.m. ET

Last game: Maryland beat Randolph-Macon College 88-44 (exhibition), Stony Brook beat College of Staten Island 92-62 (exhibition)

Last meeting: Nov. 22, 2016 at Xfinity Center — Maryland 77, Stony Brook 63

TV: N/A

Streaming: BTN2Go (free on campus) ($ off campus)

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network 105.7 (Baltimore) and ESPN 980 (Washington, DC) — Johnny Holliday, Chris Knoche and Walt Williams

Student Radio: WMUC Sports — Justin Gallanty and Alex Littlehales

Odds: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (no odds site appears to project for this game)

What to watch for the Terps: The Post-Melo era begins

For the first time since 2014, the Terps will play a game without Melo Trimble on the roster. Although Trimble wasn’t as productive as a junior as he was in his freshman campaign, the Upper Marlboro native did average a team-high 16.8 points per game last year.

Now, it will be up to Maryland’s star trio of sophomores — Anthony Cowan, Justin Jackson and Kevin Huerter — to pick up the scoring. The latter two are among the best players in the country.

What to watch for the Seawolves: Ball security

Stony Brook’s 18-14 record in 2016-17 was a bit disappointing, but that wasn’t because of turnovers. The Seawolves committed only 10.2 turnovers per game last season, which was the eighth-best mark in the country.

However, much of that ball security came from Lucas Woodhouse, who ran Stony Brook’s offense last season but has since graduated. Woodhouse led the team in scoring (15.1 PPG) and had a 2.6:1 assist-to-turnover ratio. If the Seawolves can hold onto the ball without Woodhouse and limit Maryland’s easy baskets, the Terps could be on upset alert.