When Michigan State goalkeeper Reilley Ott pushed Maryland women’s soccer forward Gi Krstec’s 82nd-minute effort onto the crossbar Saturday, the crowd at Ludwig Field let out a loud, exacerbated shout.

Maryland’s best chance was narrowly kept out, as the Terps failed to beat Ott in a 0-0 draw.

The Terps extended a scoreless streak that has reached more than 474 minutes, one in which they are 0-4-1.

However, coach Ray Leone saw offensive improvements from his side despite the lack of execution in front of goal, especially after a halftime adjustment.

“The commitment was there,” Leone said, “we’ve just got to keep working at it.”

[Read more: Maryland women’s soccer earns Senior Night draw against Michigan State]

Coming off a 1-0 overtime loss to Penn State on Oct. 15 when the Terps (7-7-3, 1-7-2 Big Ten) only managed one shot in over 94 minutes of play, they were more dangerous Saturday.

The Terps attempted six shots in the first half. However, none were on target. Volleyed attempts from midfielder Hope Lewandoski in the seventh minute and Krstec in the 22nd whistled just wide of the frame, but they didn’t test Ott.

Leone addressed the issue during the break.

“Ray said we needed to put those balls on frame and follow up,” midfielder Jlon Flippens said. “We also just wanted to score for our seniors and for the fans. They came for a show.”

The Terps improved, firing their first four attempts on goal after intermission. They increased the pressure with more successful link-up play and involving their left and right backs.

Flippens said early services to the far post and connecting passes helped the Terps create chances. Playing in the midfield after spending most of the season at center back, she was looking to play balls to Maryland’s speedy forwards over the top.

The Terps also took six corners, two of which came in overtime, highlighting the multitude of opportunities they had to net the winning goal.

“We want it so badly, we can taste it, it’s right there,” midfielder Hope Gouterman said. “We just have to translate it on the field.”

Leone said the team has pressed too hard to score.

The Terps are familiar with the issue, having failed to score in their final six games in 2016. This time around, though, they aren’t dwelling on the missed opportunities.

“Despite us not putting the ball into the back of the net, we are trying to fix the little things, one at a time,” Flippens said. “Definitely, we’re going uphill.”

Prior to its streak of five games without a goal, Maryland only failed to score twice in 12 contests.

However, Leone is confident the Terps are improving as they head into their final match of the season at Purdue on Wednesday.

“I see a resilience that’s growing in them,” Leone said. “These last three games, they’ve really performed at a top-level and were in it the whole way. We’re getting stronger.”