University of Maryland Police are seeking information from the university’s community regarding three separate hate bias incidents that occurred in the North Campus Dining Hall between Sept. 28 and Oct. 9.

Each incident occurred in the men’s bathroom, where offensive language or drawings were found drawn in black marker.

University Police are offering a $2,000 reward for anyone who has information that will lead to the identification of the individual who scrawled the language and drawings.

On Sept. 28 at about 10 a.m. police responded to the North Campus Dining Hall for offensive drawings and language on the wall in the men’s restroom, according to a press release. The language and drawings were not specified.

Police responded to another hate bias incident on Oct. 7 at about 5:43 p.m. in the men’s bathroom of the same dining hall. An offensive phrase accompanied by a swastika was drawn on the wall.

On Oct. 9 at about 3:50 p.m. police responded again to the men’s bathroom in the dining hall for another hate bias incident. Offensive writing was found on the walls, according to a press release.

Police have conducted interviews for all three incidents.

University Police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas declined to comment on additional details surrounding the incidents.

“We take all of these [incidents] very seriously,” she said. “We need our community’s help. If someone does see something, report to us right away. The sooner, the better.”

Police encourage anyone with information about these incidents to call 301-405- 3555 or e-mail investigations@umpd.umd.edu. Anonymous tips can be submitted at http://www.umpd.umd.edu/contact/anonymous_tip.cfm.

The reports follow previous hate bias incidents on the campus. University Police responded to a swastika, accompanied by an offensive phrase, found in the plant sciences building. Police also identified and charged a man with malicious destruction of property after a swastika was spray-painted on a campus trash cart last month.

The Diamondback has joined ProPublica’s Documenting Hate project to help track hate crimes and bias incidents. If you have been affected by or witnessed a hate crime or bias incident at the University of Maryland, we want to hear from you. Fill out this form or email us at dbkinvestigations@gmail.com.