Maryland baseball coach John Szefc will become the next coach at Virginia Tech, the school announced on Friday.

The Terps will begin a “national search” for his replacement, according to a release.

Szefc became the first Maryland coach in program history to win 30 or more games in five consecutive seasons. Under his leadership, the Terps went 180-122 and made the NCAA tournament in three of the last four years.

“John did a tremendous job taking Maryland baseball to new heights,” Maryland director of athletics Kevin Anderson said in a release. “The foundation John laid helped put Maryland on the college baseball map. He created a winning culture that we could all be proud of.”

This past campaign, Maryland earned the No. 3 seed in the Winston-Salem NCAA Regional after going 37-21 entering the tournament. However, the Terps lost twice to West Virginia, ensuring a quick exit from the competition.

In 2014 and 2015, though, Szefc led Maryland to its only NCAA Super Regionals appearances in school history.

He’ll take over a Virginia Tech squad that struggled last year. The Hokies, who haven’t made the NCAA tournament since 2013, went 23-32, including a 9-21 mark in the ACC.

“[We] are confident we will find an outstanding coach who is a strong leader, teacher and communicator,” Anderson said in the release. “We wish John and his family the very best.”

This post will be updated as more information becomes available.