University of Maryland Police responded to reports of a sex offense, hazardous condition and false robbery over the past week, according to police reports.

Sex offense (Title IX-related)

University Police responded to a report of an unlawful touching on May 4 at 12:21 p.m., police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said.

Witnesses reported a man was seen touching women in an inappropriate manner in the Stamp Student Union and Hornbake Library areas, Hoaas said.

Officers responded to the area and located the man. He was questioned and issued an immediate denial of access to the campus.

University Police are seeking information about the man involved. He is described as a black man with short black hair, brown eyes, facial hair and eyeglasses. He stands approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 190 pounds, according to a news release.

Assault

University Police responded to the Jeong H. Kim Engineering Building on May 3 for a report of an assault at 11:46 a.m. The case remains open.

On May 3, University Police responded to Fieldhouse Drive at noon for a report of an assault. This case is open.

False robbery

On May 3 at 2:08 a.m., University Police were notified of a robbery that occurred about 45 minutes earlier in the Chapel Field area. The Criminal Investigations Unit began an investigation, and based upon video footage and a follow-up interview with the reporting person, police later confirmed the incident was a false report.

An emergency video review revealed the reporting person walking in the area where the alleged crime occurred, but no one was seen in her vicinity matching the suspect description.

The same day, detectives applied for and received a criminal summons for making a false statement to a police officer. Detectives served 19-year-old Jessica Lynn Devine from Bethesda with the summons, according to a news release.

Hazardous condition

On May 3 at 1:12 p.m., University Police responded to Technology Drive for a report of a gas leak. A construction worker was digging when he hit a gas pipeline. This case is open.