University of Maryland Police responded to reports of trespassing, robbery, vandalism and theft this past week, according to reports.

Trespassing

On April 30 at 3 a.m., a University Police officer near Route 1 and Knox Road saw a vehicle stop in the street, and heard the driver talking to a woman who was walking in the same area, police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said.

The vehicle then left the area, but the officer located the vehicle a second time by Commons 3, Hoaas said. The driver exited his vehicle and attempted to talk to women in the area but was denied any further communication, so he returned to his vehicle and left. The officer stopped the vehicle and identified the man after seeing the vehicle commit a traffic violation, according to police reports.

The man, who was issued a denial to the campus in September 2016, will face charges at a later date in relation to trespassing, as well as the traffic violation. The case remains active.

Robbery

University Police responded to a reported robbery near Chapel Field at about 2:08 a.m. Wednesday. After officers investigated video footage from the area and interviewed the reporting person, they determined the crime was falsely reported.

The reporting person has since been served with a criminal summons for making a false statement to a police officer.

On April 29 at 3:41 a.m., University Police responded to reports of an attempted robbery outside of Morrill Hall.

The suspects were identified as two men in dark clothing who were last seen traveling north on Route 1 at the intersection of Greenbelt Road, according to a university alert. The case remains active.

Vandalism

University Police responded to the 4300 block of Sterling Road on Saturday at 1:47 a.m. for reports of a vandalism incident, according to police reports. The incident resulted in an arrest. This case is closed.

Theft

On April 29 at 8:54 p.m., officers responded to Chestertown Hall for a theft that occurred on Friday at 9 p.m., according to police reports. The case remains active.