University of Maryland Police responded to reports of rape, suspicious persons and animal complaints over the past two weeks, among other incidents, according to police reports.

Rape (Title IX-related)

University Police received a report on March 17 at 12:26 a.m. of a sexual assault that occurred earlier in March.

The case is under investigation, said police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas.

Suspicious persons

On March 18 at 5:41 p.m., University Police responded to a report of a suspicious man loitering in the lobby of Van Munching Hall since 8 p.m. the day before, Hoaas said.

Officers found the man, who has no affiliation to this university, and told him he could not stay in the building.

Police issued the man an advisement of trespass and he left the property, Hoaas said. The case is closed.

Vandalism

On March 21, University Police responded to a report of vandalism at Cole Field House. Officers found spray paint on a door, wall and desk.

Two doors inside the building had also been damaged, Hoaas said.

The damage occurred between March 18 at noon and March 20 at 9 a.m., Hoaas said.

The department submitted a video review, and police filed a notification to remove the paint.

The case remains open.

University Police responded to Martin Hall for a report of vandalism on March 17 at 8:50 a.m.

There was writing in black marker on the door of a bathroom stall, but the writing was not hate speech-related, Hoaas said. The case is suspended.

Animal complaint

On March 18 at 12:33 p.m., University Police received a report of an animal complaint at Symons Hall about a week earlier.

At 11:30 am on March 10, a dog bit a female university student, Hoaas said.

The dog’s owner was present at the scene of the incident, and the student sought medical attention at a local facility, Hoaas said.

The case remains open.

University Police responded to a report of an injured deer in the University Boulevard area between Metzerott Road and Stadium Drive on March 17 at 2:13 p.m.

The deer was severely injured and could not move, Hoaas said.

The deer was euthanized due to the extent of the injuries, and the case is closed.

Theft

On Jan. 25, a piece of artwork was stolen from the University of Maryland University College, Hoaas said.

The abstract painting was found outside University House the next morning, she said.

Individuals with information about the potential suspects are asked to call 301-405- 3555 or send an e-mail to investigations@umpd.umd.edu.

On March 16 at 2:16 p.m., University Police responded to the lobby of police headquarters for a reported theft that occurred at Eppley Recreation Center on March 12, Hoaas said.

A male university student reported his property was stolen out of a locker.

The locker was not secured and, the police department submitted a camera review, Hoaas said.

The case remains open and active.