INDIANAPOLIS – Michigan State guard Branndais Agee thrashed her body halfway around and clasped her hands behind her head, trying to walk off her frustration.

She had just fouled center Brionna Jones as her putback attempt fell through the hoop and gave Maryland a 10-point lead late in the first half.

No matter how the Spartans tried to stop Jones in Saturday’s Big Ten semifinal at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, it seemed she scored anyway. The senior led all scorers with 32 points on 12-14 shooting, negating Michigan State’s 12 3-pointers to help Maryland win, 100-89.

The No. 2-seed Terps play No. 5-seed Purdue — who beat top-seeded Ohio State — on Sunday for their chance at a third-consecutive Big Ten Tournament title.

“We obviously needed all of the 100 points that we got tonight,” coach Brenda Frese said.

Jones entered the game with the nation’s second-best shooting percentage (68.6) and improved on it against the Spartans, dominating inside all game.

“I really don’t know how to guard the girl,” Michigan State coach Suzy Merchant said. “We couldn’t keep her off the board.”

In Maryland’s game against Michigan State on Feb. 12, Jones had 28 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Saturday, the Spartans used more double-teams on Jones, Merchant said, but to no avail.

“They’re a really physical team and I kind of embrace physical play,” Jones said. “That just gives me a little extra energy.”

Jones shot 8-for-9 from the free throw line and added nine rebounds, six assists and three steals.

Michigan State, led by guard Tori Jankoska’s 31 points on seven 3-pointers, did its best to keep up with Jones and Maryland, but couldn’t produce the firepower.

In the third quarter, for instance, Michigan State shot 6-for-10 from beyond the arc, including at least two that went in off the glass. But the Spartans only won the period by two points.

“We were able to really kind of find in different runs, who to … get the ball through,” Frese said. “Whoever had the hot hand, each player stepped up.”

For much of the game, the Terps relied on Jones. But guard Shatori Walker-Kimbrough helped carry the team into halftime with 10 second-quarter points and seven in the last five minutes.

Guard Destiny Slocum scored on three consecutive possessions late in the fourth quarter, including two of her five 3-pointers.

Slocum’s burst opened Maryland’s lead to 17 points as the Spartans’ 3-point scoring disappeared. The Spartans made just one of their seven longballs in the final period.

Michigan State entered the fourth quarter trailing 71-60 after yet another deep, buzzer-beating 3-pointer from Slocum.

“The Slocum kid is the difference,” Merchant said. “When we would get to a hump, she’d hit two [3-pointers].”

Early in the game, Slocum guarded Jankoska, chasing her through countless screens. Jankoska nailed a pair of 3-pointers in the opening minutes, though, and the Spartans led, 10-8.

Late in the opening period, Michigan State went on a 7-0 run, but forward Brianna Fraser made a putback just before the end of the quarter, giving Maryland a 20-17 lead heading into the second period.

Then, the Terps kicked into gear. Maryland made its first five shots of the second quarter, capped by a steal-and-score from guard Kaila Charles — who matched Slocum with 18 points — that put the Terps up 30-21 and forced a Michigan State timeout.

Walker-Kimbrough poured in 10 in the period to give her 17 in the first half en route to 22 in the game. She missed the second of a pair of free throws late in the quarter, but Jones corralled the rebound and fought through Agee’s contact for the and-one.

“I thought we could double her and make a difference,” Merchant said. “But clearly it didn’t matter, it didn’t work this game.”

Michigan State went on an 11-2 run early after trailing, 47,34, at intermission. But the Terps regrouped after a timeout from Frese and outscored Michigan State the rest of the period, capped by Slocum’s shot at the buzzer.

The Spartans pulled within six points early in the fourth, but a pair of Jones’ free throws helped Maryland regain some breathing room, and the Spartans faded over the final minutes.

“We know how to come back from tough situations,” Slocum said. “We’re going to stay together through it, and I think that gets us really far.”