The No. 5 Maryland women’s basketball team began its season with four blowout wins against inferior opponents.

Then, it played three consecutive games on the road against competitive foes, headlined by a 78-72 win over No. 7 Louisville on Thursday.

So Sunday’s 92-42 win over UMBC was a welcome return to a lopsided victory in Xfinity Center. Coach Brenda Frese spent part of the fourth quarter focused on talking to her players on the sideline rather than sweating out free throws down the stretch.

“You always can see a team [and] where their confidence or ego goes after a great win,” Frese said. “We were still pretty fatigued today, but I thought we fought hard.”

The Terps showed no signs of tiredness or any after effects of the toughest stretch of scheduling they’ve seen so far, which was a product of the team’s mentality, guard Destiny Slocum said.

“The focus is the same,” Slocum said. “Every opponent that we play out there is as good as the best team in the country.”

Maryland controlled the game from the opening tip and didn’t let the Retrievers close the gap. That allowed Frese give her key players some rest, with three of the team’s five starters matching or setting their season-low in minutes.

“It’s huge,” Frese said of her team’s depth. “That helps everybody recover. It also allows us to play really hard when we’re on the court.”

The Terps opened up a 10-point lead less than seven minutes into the game and lead 24-9 after the first quarter. Maryland shut down UMBC’s offense, allowing just three made field goals in the opening period and forcing 10 turnovers.

As they did for much of the game, the Retrievers spent a lot of the first quarter dribbling around the perimeter as the shot clock wound down, struggling to get the ball inside or create open look from the outside.

Meanwhile, Maryland displayed a very efficient offense. The Terps made all four of their 3-point shots and went 9-for-15 from the field in the opening 10 minutes.

“Always love seeing the statline of … every player scoring, being unselfish as we were today,” Frese said.

Every Terps player scored against UMBC and three reached double figures. No player took more than nine shots.

Maryland didn’t keep up its torrid three-point pace it set early in the game, when it made its first five attempts and six of its first 10, but the team hit a season-high 50 percent for the game, even as Frese emptied her bench.

After playing 40 minutes at Louisville on Thursday, guard Shatori Walker-Kimbrough had just nine first-half minutes Sunday. Starting forward Brionna Jones and guard Kaila Charles also spent most of the first half on the bench, and Frese used all 12 players on her roster before halftime.

“Our starters set the tone early for us,” Frese said. “And then I thought we were really able to extend with our depth.”

Starting guard Kristen Confroy played 11 minutes and had 11 points in the first half. She added six points after the break to lead all scorers with 17.

Three starting guards for the Terps — Walker-Kimbrough, Charles and Slocum — all played as few of minutes as they have all season Sunday.

The starting five returned after intermission with a 42-17 lead and used a full-court press to quickly widen the gap to nearly 40 points before Frese again went to her bench midway through the period.

The reserves continued the domination through the end of its 50-point win.

“After four road games, three really tough games here, it’s great to be able to come home and continue to be able to play really well,” Frese said,