University of Maryland Police responded to reports of harassment, damage to state property and a hazardous condition, among other incidents this past week, according to police reports.

Damage to state property

On Nov. 23 at 12:29 p.m., University Police responded to the area of Regents Drive and Field House Drive for a report that a tractor-trailer had hit a stop sign, University Police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said.

The trailer was gone before police arrived, and this incident is still under investigation, she added.

Harassment

On Nov. 25 at 1:35 p.m., a University Police officer met with a female university student in the lobby of University Police headquarters for a harassment report, Hoaas said. In August, the student had given her phone number to a man who has no affiliation to this university, and over time, they began to text each other, she said.

Eventually, the student decided she did not want to talk to the man anymore and told him to stop talking to her, Hoaas said. When the man continued to reach out to her, the student contacted University Police.

Police told the man to stop contacting the victim or else he could face charges, Hoaas said. This case is still active in the event that the man decides to contact the student again.

Sick/injured person

University Police were in the area of the 7300 block of Baltimore Ave. on Nov. 26 at 12:34 a.m. when they identified a person in need of medical assistance, Hoaas said. The person, who had no affiliation to this university, was taken to a hospital in the area. Alcohol was involved in this incident, Hoaas said, and this case is now closed.

On Nov. 26 at 1:56 p.m., University Police met with a person in the First Aid Room in Maryland Stadium, Hoaas said.

The person, who has no affiliation with this university, reported that an iron gate had fallen on them, Hoaas said.

The victim refused medical transport to a hospital. This incident was not alcohol-related, Hoaas said. This case is closed.