University of Maryland Police responded to reports of a noise complaint, trespassing and a hate bias incident, among other incidents this past week, according to police reports.

Hate bias

University Police responded to Queen Anne’s Hall on Oct. 31 at 8:13 p.m. for a hate bias incident that took place between Oct. 15 and Oct. 20, University Police spokeswoman Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas said.

A male student reported that someone wrote “I love Hitler” on the whiteboard outside his room, Hoaas said.

Police were able to identify the perpetrators — two male students — who were referred to the Office of Student Conduct, she said.

This case is closed.

Trespassing

University Police officers were at the public health school at 10:50 a.m. on Nov. 2 when they recognized a male suspect from a law enforcement document, Hoaas said. The officer stopped the man outside of Eppley Recreation Center and identified him as 24-year-old Bruke Woldeyesus Yared of Bowie, Hoaas said.

The suspect then ran away, but the officers were able to apprehend Yared near Lot 2a, she added.

The officers confirmed that Yared was previously issued a denial of access to the campus, and he was arrested and charged with trespassing, Hoaas said.

This case is closed.

Lost property

On Nov. 1 at 12:39 p.m., University Police responded to the Varsity Team House, where a male university employee reported that he lost a key, which is state property, Hoaas said.

This case is closed.

Noise complaint

University Police responded to the 4600 block of College Ave. on Nov. 1 at 1:22 a.m. for a report of a noise complaint, Hoaas said.

When the officer arrived, Prince George’s County Police were in the process of clearing out a party.

This case is closed.

Theft

On Nov. 1 at 12:39 p.m., University Police responded to Eppley for a theft that took place in the public health school between 11:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. that same day, Hoaas said.

A male university employee reported that his belongings were stolen out of a locked locker, Hoaas said.

Police discovered a broken lock at the scene.

This case is open and remains active.