The opponent: Penn State (3-2, 1-1 in Big Ten play)

Game time: Noon, Saturday

Stadium: Beaver Stadium (State College, Pennsylvania)

Head Coach: James Franklin (Career record 41-29, 17-14 with Penn State)

Last Week: Penn State beat Minnesota 29-26 in OT, Maryland beat Purdue 50-7

Television: Big Ten Network with Kevin Kugler, Matt Millen and Lisa Byington

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network (Baltimore 105.7 WJZ-FM and Washington ESPN 980 AM) by Johnny Holliday, Scott McBrien and Tim Strachan. Student radio WMUC Sports by Thomas Pullano and Justin Meyer (wmucsports.net)

Prior Meetings: Maryland lost to Penn State 31-30 in 2015. They are 2-36-1 all time against the Nittany Lions.

Game time weather: It is expected to be raining at kickoff but will eventually stop. It will be around 60 degrees and cloudy during the game.

What to watch for Maryland

Field goals: Each of Maryland’s first two meeting against Penn State since joining the Big Ten have been decided by one point. The teams look to be evenly matched again this season, so there’s no reason to think it will not another close affair. As such, the game might come down to whether kicker Adam Greene can make an important field goal. Greene missed two field goals against Central Florida from 38 and 51 yards and has not made a field goal from farther out than 33 yards this season. In what could be a tight game, Greene might need to be called on to hit a field goal from more than 33 yards out.

The ability to come back: Maryland really has not spent much time trailing this season. The only times they have trailed were 7-0 in the first quarter and 14-10 in the third quarter, both against UCF. Maryland is still yet to trail by more than seven points at any time this season and as such, their ability to come back has not really been tested. If Penn State can jump out to a 10-0 or 14-3 lead, it will be interesting to see how the Terps are able to handle what would be their biggest deficit of the season.

Penn State Players to Watch

Safety Marcus Allen: No, this guy is not the same Marcus Allen who won a Super Bowl with the Oakland Raiders. However, Penn State’s Marcus Allen has been making his own reputation this season. The junior safety leads the Big Ten in tackles and is coming off a monster performance where he recorded 22 tackles against Minnesota.

QB Trace McSorley: McSorley has had big shoes to fill, replacing second round draft pick Christian Hackenberg. McSorley has completed 58.9 of his passes this season, compared to Hackenberg’s 53.5 percent last season. McSorley is also coming off his best game this season, passing for 335 yards. McSorley does not possess the same kind of arm Hackenberg has, but he is able to complete more of his passes and use his feet effectively.