A male security guard remains in critical condition after he was shot in a commercial robbery at the University of Maryland University College Inn and Conference Center early Tuesday morning, according to University of Maryland Police.

Police identified two male suspects in the shooting. Officers arrested one suspect in connection with the robbery and “are actively investigating this incident to determine the identity of the second suspect,” according to Mitchell’s statement.

The first suspect, 24-year-old Jamal Ulysses Green of Washington, D.C., was arrested and faces 13 charges including first- and second -degree attempted murder, according to a University of Maryland Police news release.

Police received a call for a shooting at approximately 1:12 a.m., Police Chief David Mitchell wrote in a statement regarding the incident. Three safes were taken from the conference center; officers later recovered the safes along with a handgun near the facility, according to the statement.

The security guard was shot during the robbery and transported to an area hospital. As of Wednesday, he remains in the hospital and is recovering, according to a University Police news release.

The police department issued an all-clear on Tuesday at 6:38 a.m.

“We believe this was a targeted crime of opportunity,” Mitchell wrote in his statement. “There is no reason to believe that this crime was intended to target any of our students, faculty, and staff.”

This incident is still under investigation, and police urge anyone with more information to contact them at (301)-405-3555.