Vincent Tran, a senior at the University of Maryland, died suddenly Friday night in his home, according to a gofundme page created to raise funds for Tran’s funeral.

He was 22 years old.

Tran, of Silver Spring, studied public relations at this university, according to his Facebook page. He also worked at the Terrapin Learning Commons desk in McKeldin Library, said senior Adam Goldberg, a communication major.

Senior communication major Emily Allen took classes with Tran, and described him as a “really nice, funny and genuine guy.”

His void is going to be immediate, Goldberg said.

“He was the best student in the class,” Goldberg said. “He made this incredible video last semester, and we’re trying to get that. … He was always going the extra mile, and he’d always lend a hand to help us.”

Goldberg said he and Tran were just talking in class on Thursday.

“I sat next to him for a year straight,” he said. “I was at the tailgate today, and I heard about what happened and I just left — I was really just broken up. Everyone in our class is just stunned. It’s truly unfortunate.”

Tran’s cousin, who is referenced as Sarah Tra on the gofundme account and created the page on Saturday, said the cause of death is not yet known, though she noted that Tran did not have any known major medical conditions.

A hospital in Baltimore is working on “an immediate autopsy to find out his reason of death,” according to the gofundme page.

“I ask for prayers and support from everyone who knew Vincent,” she wrote. “… We were pretty close in the family and now I can only count on our memories.”

The page raised about $800 of its $10,000 goal in about 12 hours. Those looking to make a donation to Tran’s funeral costs can donate here.

**UPDATED FUNERAL AND MEMORIAL INFORMATION**

The family will host a viewing for Tran’s “last farewell” at Francis J. Collins Funeral Home, located at 500 University Blvd. W in Silver Spring, on Sept. 8 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Tra wrote in a message.

There will be a memorial service held at the same location on Sept. 9 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The burial ceremony will follow the memorial service and take place at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, located at 13801 Georgia Ave. in Silver Spring. The burial ceremony will begin at 11 a.m., Tra wrote.

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.