Update:

Despite power being restored to various buildings across the University of Maryland campus on Saturday night, power outages continued on Sunday.

Buildings such as Stamp Student Union, Cole Field House, the University Health Center and McKeldin Library were experiencing issues with power, according to a University of Maryland Police advisory sent out at about 4:30 p.m.

McKeldin was closed because of the outage, according to a sign posted on the exterior doors. Stamp remained open, but the power glitches caused some doors to close and an alarm to sound on occasion, an employee said.

Power was restored to all buildings by about 10 p.m. on Sunday, Mary-Ann Ibeziako, engineering and energy department director, wrote in an email.

A fault in Feeder 4, one of the “primary feeders from the substation that provides power to campus,” caused the outages, Ibeziako wrote.

Facilities Management has isolated the fault and plans to perform a permanent repair during a scheduled outage — possibly next weekend, she added.

Original story:

Various power outages were reported both on and off of the University of Maryland campus on Saturday.

A UMD advisory sent out at about 9:30 p.m. reported power outages in buildings such as Jimenez Hall, the University Health Center and McKeldin Library. St. Mary’s and Dorchester halls experienced power outages as well, according to an email sent out to dorm residents Saturday night.

Students also reported light flickering throughout the day at locations such as Terrapin Row, Leonardtown, South Campus Commons and College Park Towers.

Power was restored by about 11 p.m. for all areas affected except for Tawes Hall and McKeldin’s outside lights, according to a University of Maryland Police advisory.

The power outage caused Stamp Student Union to close early at 7:30 p.m., according to Stamp’s website.

Terps After Dark’s TZ Free Spree event, which was scheduled from 9 p.m. to midnight in TerpZone, was cancelled as a result, according to UMD Student Affairs’ Twitter account.

Staff writers Alex Carolan and Lindsey Feingold contributed to this report.