The South Campus Dining Hall has reinstated the Southwest-style food at Jalapeno Grill and replaced Salad Sensations with a weekly rotating station after receiving negative student feedback about changes made last semester.

This past fall, Dining Services transformed Jalapeno Grill into a rotating station that switched each week among five menus, similar to the New Yorker station at the North Campus Dining Hall.

Dining Services spokesman Bart Hipple said he initially thought many customers decided to dine at Jalapeno Grill when the line at the popular Mongolian Grill was too long. After the change, though, it became clear to Hipple that Jalapeno Grill had a “very, very loyal following” — particularly, he said, after he received complaints from students upset by the lack of tacos and burritos in the dining halls.

“We got many complaints on the Jalapeno Grill not being available all the time, so we put them back, and now the rotating aspect is over at the Salad Sensations station in the main serving area,” Hipple said.

Jalapeno Grill, which is unique to the South Campus Dining Hall, is located next to Mongolian Grill.

“I’ve eaten there like once or twice since we’ve been here, and I think they’re good,” said freshman public health science major Jordan Crumback.

In addition to reviving Jalapeno Grill, Dining Services is also cutting back on the frequency of sushi meals. In the fall, sushi was served about once a month at both dining halls. This semester, the stations are scheduled to serve sushi for one lunch and one dinner.

Hipple said Dining Services’ sushi suppliers were “not able to sustain that level of commitment” to sushi in the dining halls.

Adwoa Boateng, a sophomore economics major, said she was happy about the return of Jalapeno Grill.

“I like the idea of rotating because it gives you more options,” she said, “but I personally like the burritos.”