With Ye’s The Life of Pablo still stuck on Tidal exclusively, there isn’t much to celebrate in the world of music right now. However, in honor of the hard work that still goes on outside of Kanye West’s Twitter-fueled popularity, here is a playlist to hold you over until West finally releases the album somewhere else.

1) “U Got (XXYYXX Remix)” by Sivik

Once a songwriter for the likes of Adam Lambert, Downtown Fiction and Hot Chelle Rae, Sivik is now one of the most elusive new artists on the music scene. Taking a page out of Sia’s book of evasion, Sivik’s real name and appearance are unknown, but with a song as fire as this, waiting on an identity reveal is manageable.

2) “Used” by Strangers You Know

Theses band mates met one another after Grady Lee snuck into Coachella a few years ago and approached Adam Haagen because he was surrounded by attractive girls, and Lee wanted a piece of the action. Three years later, the duo has two EPs, a full-length album and another EP on the way.

3) “Blackout” by Tritonal feat. Steph Jones

Chad Cisneros and Dave Reed comprise this electro house duo from Austin, Texas. With an extensive list of albums released since their commencement in 2008, they have been able to play at nearly every single music festival known to man. This track’s featuring artist, Steph Jones, is the son of a disk jockey and got a bit of recognition a while back with his feature on DTP’s song, “Celebrity Chick,” with Ludacris and a few other artists.

4) “Love Is Blind” by Låpsley

Nineteen-year-old Holly Lapsley Fletcher took her mother’s maiden name for a middle name, and then as a stage name. After being a member in various bands in her hometown of Merseyside, England, she won the One to Watch award at Merseyside’s Getintothis Awards in April 2014. Her debut album is scheduled to release next week.

5) “Tired of Talking” by LÉON

This Swedish beauty labels her genre as “indiepop/soul/whatever.” LÉON grew up as the daughter of musicians. After fronting a band for a while, she took on a solo career. “Tired of Talking”is her debut single, and it is full of a sound reminiscent of the 80s.

6) “ILYSB” by LANY

Les Priest, Jake Gross and Paul Klein are the trio responsible for this track, which you may have heard on the Hollister Co.’s music rotation last year. The group met in Nashville, Tennessee, just as neighbors, and split for a while to try their hands in music independently. They eventually all came back to Nashville, Tennessee, to create their first EP together.

7) “Middle” by DJ Snake feat. Bipolar Sunshine

Any nightclub DJ probably has a track by DJ Snake somewhere on their usual track list. He just has such a broad repertoire of crowd-pleasers. Bipolar Sunshine is the stage name of Adio Marchant, a British pop singer who began his solo career in 2013 and started gaining popularity with his Drowning Butterflies EP.

8) “Woman’s World” by BJ The Chicago Kid

Bryan Sledge grew up on the south side of Chicago and relocated to Los Angeles at age 19. In a matter of years, he has managed to work with big-name artists such as Dr. Dre, Kehlani, Chance the Rapper and Kendrick Lamar. His newest album, In My Mind, is a beautifully soulful collection of tracks.

9) “Skipping Stones” by Gallant feat. Jhene Aiko

Gallant blew up with “Weight In Gold” last year. He started making music while attending middle school in this state’s city, Columbia. After graduating from New York University, he moved out to Los Angeles, where he met Jake Udell, the manager of Krewella and Zhu. This track featuring popular R&B artist Jhene Aiko is an ideal introduction for new listeners to Gallant’s un-categorizable sound.

10) “Suffer (Vince Staples and AndreaLo Remix)” by Charlie Puth feat. Vince Staples and AndreaLo

While the original version of Charlie Puth’s song was lovely, this remix featuring California artist Vince Staples and brand new artist, AndreaLo is a more resonating and sexier take on the song’s message. When Puth comes to Washington on July 30, Billy Joel will join him on stage.

I’ll be back next week with another playlist, this time comprised of local artists, including some that you probably sit next to in lecture halls.