It didn’t take long for No. 5 Alabama to show the Terrapins softball team why it was considered one of the best programs in the country in a 10-5 win on Sunday at the Georgia State Tournament.

After the Terps held Alabama to one run Friday, the Crimson Tide scored five times in the first two innings against pitcher Brenna Nation. This came after the Terps plated a run in the top of the first.

The Terps fought back, though, as catcher Kristina Dillard hit a sacrifice fly and infielder Lindsey Schmeiser drove home a run with an RBI single to cut the Crimson Tide lead to 5-3.

In the fifth, infielder Corey Schwartz delivered a two-out RBI to cut the deficit to one.

But Alabama continued to produce offensively, scoring two fifth-inning runs against utility player Hannah Dewey, who came in to pitch in relief of Nation.

Schmeiser broke the Terps program record for career home runs in the sixth inning with a blast to left field, passing Shannon Bustillos on the all-time leaderboard.

But the Crimson Tide pulled away in the bottom half of the inning with a bases-clearing double to extend their lead to 10-5.

Schmeiser, Schwartz, Dewey, infielder Skylynne Ellazar and catcher Kristina Dillard each had two hits, and the Terps outhit Alabama 12-9 in the loss.

It was a rough offensive weekend, however, as the Terps averaged less than three runs per game in five contests. They finished the tournament with just one win.