Comprised of the kings and queens of the monochrome wardrobe, MasTERPiece Fashion Club is bringing the first ever University of Maryland Fashion Week to the campus this spring. The brainchild of senior marketing major Fei Mancho, senior marketing and supply chain major Brittany McCoy and sophomore business student Oru Wonodi, UMDFW is five days of photo shoots, networking and most importantly, clothes.

“Throughout the whole week, we’re aiming to promote our mission statement, which is to create a fashion community on campus,” Wonodi said. “Also, to promote what we call ‘healthy fashion,’ meaning you don’t have to be a certain race, size, sexual orientation, etc. to be a part of fashion.”

The executives of the MasTERPiece Fashion Club have been working to put Fashion Week together since the summer of 2015.

“Over the summer we focused on trying to figure out our missions,” Wonodi said. “The first was growing our membership, as this is only our second year on campus as a club. Then we had to figure out if it was even feasible to do a Fashion Week. Once we realized it was, we started to plan the events, which we’ve been doing since summer.”

The planning portion also involved a great amount of financial development. Hosting an entire week’s worth of events means fundraisers like their upcoming bake sale as well as a date auction with the Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity are all a fundamental part of the preparation.

“We’re also helping co-sponsor an event called My Black Is Beautiful, in honor of Black History Month,” Wonodi said. “We want people to know that yes, we are a fashion oriented club, but we are also multi-faceted.”

At a university often recognized for its STEM and business related programs, MasTERPiece cannot see a more important place to promote a fashion community.

“Maryland is not the most artsy college ever, so we hope that if we have this big event, it can help push the idea that we need more liberal arts stuff on campus,” Wonodi said. “The only reason why everyone on the e-board is a business major is because this school doesn’t offer the focus we’re looking for. So, we’re hoping that by doing this people will be able to see how much we are interested in fashion.”

Unlike the infamous exclusivity that comes with New York Fashion Week and the like, MasTERPiece has developed a full week of activities and events that everyone is invited to partake in. Here is a break down of everything planned:

Monday, March 28

Fashion Is…

Time: 12 p.m. — 3 p.m.

Location: In front of McKeldin Library

“It’s going to be an interactive photo booth,” Wonodi said. “Students who pass by will be able to take photos with friends and give their explanation for what fashion means to them. Video clips and photos will record the answers students write on boards to be collected as footage for the opening video of the fashion show.”

Tuesday, March 29

Create Your Own Masterpiece

Time: 5 p.m. — 9 p.m.*

Location: Adele H. Stamp Student Union

Tuesday is essentially one big DIY party. There will be stations to distress denim, tie-dye, make inspiration boards and more. Everyone is invited to bring their own clothes to alter.

Wednesday, March 30

#WCW

Time: 5 p.m. — 9 p.m.*

Location: Adele H. Stamp Student Union

“Wednesday through Friday are our bigger events,” Wonodi said. “Our Woman Crush Wednesday is going to be an expo night. We’ll have two speakers, free stuff, some chances to get your nails done, a cool hairstyle done and just kind of be really immersed — to just know yourself in fashion and how you want it to affect you.”

Thursday, March 31

Classic Men

Time: 5 p.m. — 9 p.m.*

Location: Adele H. Stamp Student Union

This event will be very similar in set-up to the Woman Crush Wednesday event, just aimed at the guys on the campus.

“We’re going to be mostly focusing on the stigma that you have to be gay to be a man that likes fashion, which just isn’t true,” Wonodi said. “Everyone likes to look good.”

Friday, April 1

The Fashion Show and Networking Event

Time: 6:30 p.m. — 10 p.m.

Location: Samuel L. Riggs IV Alumni Center

“This is the biggest event of the week,” Wonodi said.

The night will begin with a fashion show featuring local designers, student designers and even the work of a designer who has been featured at New York Fashion Week.

There will also be student group performances followed by a chance for all attendees to network with the models, designers and other area businesses. This event will be ticketed.

*Times are subject to change. Check on MasTERPiece social media networks for updates.