The University of Maryland athletic department really wants you to go to the Terrapins men’s wrestling team’s meet against No. 6 Michigan on Friday.

Thursday afternoon, Maryland students received an email titled “MAJOR Key – Maryland Pride Wrestling Match Tomorrow! #wethebestnight.”

Let’s check it out.

We the best night

Yeah, OK. This doesn’t seem that weird. Sure, we all stopped watching DJ Khaled’s Snapchats a while ago, and “We the Best” came out in 2007, but athletic departments capitalizing on popular topics just a bit too late is something that happens around the country.

We the best night 2

The Terrapins men’s soccer team employed a version of the scavenger hunt promotion strategy in the fall, but this attempt is certainly more ambitious. If you’re actually searching, it doesn’t look like these keys are hidden in very hard-to-reach places. There’s literally a map that says where every key is “hidden.”

Finding one of those keys is actually pretty important, because you get an OH MY GOD WHY?

We the best 3

There may not be a single person who ever thought something like this would (or could) ever exist. Is this the kind of merchandise you can show your kids someday when you’re looking back fondly on your memories of college? Probably not. If you hang this poster up in your room, there’s a very good chance these floating DJ Khaled heads will come back to haunt your dreams.

They don’t want you to have this poster, and “they” are probably normal, sane people who just want you to get a good night’s sleep.

Oh, and one lucky person in attendance Friday will win a pair of $400 DJ Khaled headphones.