Throughout the past 12 months, we’ve worked very hard to provide informative, engaging Terps coverage. So as 2015 nears a close, we sifted through our content in hopes of compiling our best work.

We hope you enjoy.

Football

• Faced with premature ends to both of their seasons within a 24-hour period, brothers and Terps wide receivers Levern, Taivon Jacobs leaned on each other for support. – Joshua Needelman THEIR COMEBACK ROUTE

• After missing a potential game-winning kick on homecoming, freshman kicker Brad Craddock contemplated going back home to Australia. Instead, he built himself into the best kicker in the country. – Joshua Needelman THE MISS

• Left guard Mike Minter’s walk-on status relegated him to the Maryland Stadium student section when he first joined the Terps. Two years later, he earned a scholarship and a starting spot. – Phillip Suitts THE SEATS TO THE FIELD

Men’s Basketball

• 6-year-old Cameron Hiller idolized former Duke guard Rasheed Sulaimon, and his adoration didn’t stop when Sulaimon transferred to the Terps – Ryan Baillargeon ‘BEST FRIEND’

• Once a shy but talented forward from Massachusetts, Jake Layman evolved into a leader for the Terps. He had to after the three other members of his recruiting class transferred away.- Aaron Kasinitz STAYING THE COURSE

• The Terps’ resurgent 2014-2015 season ended in heartbreak in the NCAA Tournament Round of 32. – Aaron Kasinitz No. 5-seed Mountaineers 69, No. 4-seed Terps 59

Women’s Basketball

• Former guard Lexie Brown’s relationship with former NBA player Dee Brown provided the foundation for her stellar career. – Ryan Baillargeon AN UNBREAKABLE BOND

• Guard Kristen Confroy and centers Brionna Jones and Malina Howard are all on the pre-med track. They support each other as teammates and roommates. – Kyle Stackpole BALANCING ACT

Men’s Lacrosse

• Former attackman Jay Carlson earned a reputation as a human highlight reel during his Terps tenure. He’s been practicing trick moves since he was a little kid. – Joshua Needelman TRICK SHOT SPECIALIST

• Goalkeeper Kyle Bernlohr thought of transferring after years on the bench. But he decided to stay in College Park and evolved into one of the best goalkeepers in the NCAA. – Joshua Needelman OUT OF THE SHADOW

• Carlson was shocked upon learning of the death of his friend Will Hauver, who played lacrosse at Rollins. -Joshua Needelman ‘Egg crack challenge.’

Women’s Lacrosse

• Confidence. Competitiveness. Hard work. Attacker Megan Whittle, midfielder Taylor Cummings and former defender Casey Pepperman are all products of McDonogh School’s culture of greatness. – Callie Caplan A WINNING TRADITION

• It isn’t always easy for coach Cathy Reese to balance the rigors of Division I coaching and being a mother, but she’s appeared to successfully blend the two. – Callie Caplan Cathy Reese

• The Terps’ 17-game winning streak came to a shocking end in the Big Ten tournament semifinals to Ohio State – Callie Caplan No. 4-seed Buckeyes 11, No. 1-seed Terps 10

Men’s Soccer

• In the wake of terrorist attacks in Paris, former midfielder Mael Corboz unveiled a touching gesture after the Terps’ conference semifinal win. – Kyle Stackpole Corboz honor Paris victims

• Coach Sasho Cirovski purchased GPS trackers for his players to track their workloads – Kyle Stackpole GPS trackers

Women’s Soccer

• Former coach Jonathan Morgan was ‘surprised’ when the athletic department asked him to resign. – Kyle Melnick Morgan resigns

• In the wake of the end of her Terps career, former goalkeeper Rachelle Beanlands recalled her journey to College Park – Kyle Melnick Beanlands reflects on career

Baseball

• Former catcher Kevin Martir and former third baseman Jose Cuas grew up together in East New York. Life was tough in the “killing fields,” but baseball gave them a way out. – Phillip Suitts BROOKLYN BOYS

Field hockey

• Missy Meharg became the youngest field hockey coach to reach 500 wins this year. And she did it with heart. –Callie Caplan FASTEST TO 500

• Alyssa Parker, Emma Rissinger, Sarah Sprink and Anna Dessoye grew into best friends during their four years together. -Callie Caplan BEGINNING OF THE END

• An early-season team meeting led to the Terps’ blistering turnaround and 17-game winning streak. – Callie Caplan SEASON IN REVIEW

Wrestling

• Former heavyweight Spencer Myers missed about the first two months of the season while playing for the Terps football team, but he was determined to end his wrestling career with a Big Ten title. – Kyle Stackpole THE BIG PICTURE

• Last season, the Terps grew frustrated with losing and, in turn, apathetic in training. But coach Kerry McCoy insisted that this year is different – Josh Schmidt More upbeat

Volleyball

• Assistant coach Adam Hughes won three national titles with Penn State and hopes to carry that success over to the Terps. – Josh Schmidt THE RIGHT FIT

Gymnastics

• Dermatomyositis, a rare connective-tissue disease, was supposed to end Abbie Epperson’s career. She refused to let the condition win. – Callie Caplan DEFYING THE ODDS

• Hallie Jones overcame separate ACL tear’s in each of her knees to compete for the Terps. – Callie Caplan ALL IN PERSPECTIVE

Softball

• Julie Wright, the Terps’ third coach in three years, insists the revolving door ends with her – Joshua Needelman Julie Wright