Terrapins football defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson plans to enter the NFL Draft this spring, a team spokesperson confirmed Thursday night.

Jefferson, a redshirt junior, tweeted Thursday that he planned to pursue an NFL career. He’s the second Terps defensive lineman to declare for the draft this offseason after defensive end Yannick Ngakoue’s November 30th announcement.

“The past five years at Maryland have been truly the best time of my life,” Jefferson said in a statement. “I’m very thankful for all the opportunities the University of Maryland has given me, and look forward to graduating this weekend.”

READ MORE: Coach DJ Durkin hopes to change Maryland’s culture

While Jefferson moved from end to tackle this offseason, he was second on the team in sacks (6.5), third in tackles for loss (12.5) and earned an All-Big Ten honorable mention from the conference’s coaches. Jefferson also had 39 tackles, seventh on the team and first among lineman. He added one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and one interception.

Ngakoue led the Terps in sacks and tackles for loss.

New coach DJ Durkin has now lost three of the Terps’ five defensive All-Big Ten selections from this past season – Ngakoue and Jefferson and senior cornerback Sean Davis. Starting defensive lineman Roman Braglio and Azubuike Ukandu will return, though. Plus, defensive tackle David Shaw, who started the first four games before a season-ending injury, will likely be back.