Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks was reelected as the Democratic nominee for county executive on Tuesday.

Alsobrooks had received more than 90 percent of the vote when the Associated Press called the race Tuesday evening.

There were no Republican candidates for county executive in the overwhelmingly Democratic Prince George’s County, which means Alsobrooks is nearly certain to win the November general election. She will likely face Joe Njuguna, who is not affiliated with a political party.

Alsobrooks was first elected county executive in 2018 and is the first woman in the county’s history to hold this position. She previously served as Prince George’s County’s state’s attorney for eight years.

She defeated four other Democratic candidates in the primary: Billy Bridges, a former Air Force veteran and information technology support specialist who also lost to Alsobrooks in 2018; Leigh Bodden, an NFL player turned activist; Sherman Hardy, a businessperson who is an Air Force veteran; and Tonya Sweat, an entrepreneur and community activist.

According to her website, some of Alsobrooks’ major accomplishments during her first term were increasing education funding and managing the county’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In a second term, she promised to continue to move Prince George’s County forward by further investing in schools and continuing to reform the county’s police force.

Alsobrooks’ reelection campaign earned endorsements from The Washington Post’s editorial board and several local labor unions.