Opponent: Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-2, 2-1 Big Ten)

Location: Huntington Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Kickoff: 3:30 PM EST, Saturday, October 23

Last Matchup: October 30, 2020 – Maryland won in OT, 45-44

Line: Minnesota -4.5 (OddsShark)

TV: ESPN2

Stream: Watch ESPN

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network (105.7 FM Baltimore, 980 AM D.C., 201 SiriusXM) 

— Johnny Holliday (play-by-play) and Steve Suter (Analyst)

What to watch for Maryland: Can they bounce back?

Three weeks ago, Maryland was looking like a potential top 25 team with a 4-0 record and an explosive offense. That all changed after back-to-back blowout losses to Iowa and Ohio State. While those losses stung, the injuries the Terps suffered were salt in the wound. Maryland lost WR Jeshaun Jones, WR Dontay Demus Jr. and LB Durell Nchami for the season. Following losses to Ohio State, Maryland’s seasons have typically spiraled. However, the Terps are coming off their bye week and have focused on getting “back to neutral.” A win at Minnesota would prove Maryland has not let the two losses define them and that the football program has taken a step forward. With a win, Maryland would be 5-2 and one win away from their first bowl game since 2016.

What to watch for Minnesota: Revenge game

Maryland has had Minnesota’s number for the past 4 seasons, owning a 3-1 head-to-head record. Last season, the Gophers came into College Park expecting to beat a 0-1 Maryland team. Minnesota had a 38-21 lead going into the fourth quarter before the Terps scored 17 unanswered points to bring the game to overtime. In OT, both teams scored a touchdown but the Gophers would lose on a missed extra point. Losing in such a fashion is heartbreaking, so there is no doubt the Gophers are looking to even the score this weekend. With a win, Minnesota will have won three straight and five games total, putting them in prime position for bowl eligibility for the rest of the season.