Opponent: Illinois Fighting Illini (1-2, 1-0 Big Ten)

Kickoff: 9:00 P.M. EST, Friday, September 17

Last Matchup: October 27, 2018 in College Park, MD. Maryland won 63-33

Odds: Maryland -7.5 (Odds Shark)

TV: FS1 — Alex Faust (play-by-play), Petros Papadakis (analyst)

Stream: FOX Sports Live

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network (105.7 FM Baltimore, 980 AM, D.C., Ch. 83 XM) — Johnny Holliday (play-by-play), Steve Suter (analyst)

What to watch for Maryland: How offense will perform on the road

Maryland’s high octane offense through two weeks has been impressive. The Terps rank top five in the Big Ten in both passing yards and rushing yards, averaging 535 yards per game (3rd in Big Ten). The offense has been highlighted by QB Taulia Tagovailoa and his receiving corps. wide receivers, Dontay Demus and Rakim Jarrett and tight end, Chigoziem Okonkwo all have scored a touchdown in each game thus far. However, both games have been at home in front of a packed student section, providing plenty of energy for the team. The offense will have to provide its own spark this Friday playing in front of a hostile crowd for the first time since 2019 in Champaign. 

What to watch for Illinois: Return of starting QB Brandon Peters

The Illini offense will have QB Brandon Peters back on the field this Friday after missing the last two weeks due to a left shoulder injury he sustained in their week one game against Nebraska. A fifth year senior, Peters has plenty of experience and was placed on the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Watchlist ahead of the 2021 season. The Illini offense has struggled without him, averaging 20.7 points per game (13th in Big Ten) and 215.3 passing yards per game (7th in Big Ten). With the starter back at under center, the Illini offense should present a bigger challenge to the Terps defense than they have to other opponents  so far.