Gov. Larry Hogan announced a $2 million COVID-19 vaccination incentive program with the Maryland Lottery Thursday afternoon.

The program, which is a partnership between the state’s lottery and the Maryland Department of Health, automatically enters vaccinated Marylanders ages 18 years and older into a random drawing.

The drawings for a $40,000 prize will take place daily, from May 25 to July 3. The drawings will culminate on the 40th day with a $400,000 jackpot on July 4.

Winners will be notified by the Maryland health department. Funding for the prizes will come from Maryland Lottery’s marketing fund.

The announcement comes as over 67 percent of Marylanders ages 18 and older have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

[M&T Bank Stadium’s COVID-19 vaccination site hosts ‘University Days’ through Saturday]

With a goal of getting 70 percent of Maryland adults vaccinated by Memorial Day weekend, Hogan believes incentives like the prize drawing can help strengthen the state’s messaging on the importance of getting vaccinated.

“Promotions like this are just one more way that we’re reinforcing the importance of getting every single Marylander we can vaccinated against COVID-19,” Hogan said.

Other businesses in the state are also offering incentives for people to get vaccinated. Ledo Pizza, a restaurant chain headquartered in Maryland, recently offered free pizza to those vaccinated in the state, Hogan said.

“We’re strongly encouraging other businesses across the state to also consider offering incentives,” Hogan said.