Prince George’s County hosted a virtual Day of Remembrance Friday in memory of Prince Georgians who have died from the coronavirus.

The county joined the state in recognizing the anniversary of the first COVID-19 case in Maryland and in remembering Marylanders who have died from the virus in the past year. More than 7,700 Marylanders have died due to the coronavirus, and 1,313 were from Prince George’s County.

As buildings across the state such as the Capital Wheel were lit amber, the Jumbotron at the National Harbor displayed a video tribute played in the evening, with words from County Executive Angela Alsobrooks and images of frontline health care workers.

“I want to offer my deepest condolences to all those who are grieving the loss of loved ones to this terrible virus,” Alsobrooks said in the video.

In the video, Alsobrooks emphasized that the virus “will not have the final say.” Vaccination rates in the county have increased, and as of Sunday, 91,596 of county residents have received their first dose — about 10 percent of the county’s population.

[Here’s what you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccine in Prince George’s County]

With the hope of more people being vaccinated soon, Alsobrooks looked ahead to the future in the tribute video.

“I look forward to the day when we can safely gather again with our families and loved ones, as well as properly mourn and celebrate the lives of all those we have lost,” she said.