Opponent: No. 14 Wisconsin Badgers (12-4)

Location: Xfinity Center, College Park, Maryland

Tipoff: 9:00 EST, Wednesday, January 27

Last matchup: December 28, 2020 — Maryland 70-64

Last game: Maryland defeated Minnesota 63-49; Wisconsin lost to Ohio State 74-62

Line: Wisconsin -3 per OddsShark

TV: BTN: Kevin Kugler (Play-by-Play) and Stephen Bardo (Analyst)

Stream: Fox Sports Go

Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network (105.7 FM Baltimore, 980 AM D.C., TuneIn Radio App) — Johnny Holliday (play-by-play), Chris Knoche (analyst), Walt Williams (analyst)

What to watch for Maryland: Defense in the paint

A major component to the Terps’ upset at Wisconsin earlier this season was how they were able to defend the paint against Wisconsin’s bigs, and it will surely be key to their success for round two. The Badgers’ bigs (Nate Reuvers – 6’11”, Micah Potter – 6’10”, and Tyler Wahl 6’9”) outsized Marylands’ bigs (except for the 7’2” Chol Marial — though he only played three minutes), but the Terps went on to hold them to 6-20 shooting. Look to Aaron Wiggins and Darryl Morsell as major players for the Terps’ interior defense this time around, as the duo combined for 14 rebounds and four blocks.

What to watch for Wisconsin: Playing defense as advertised

For a team that has the seventh-best defensive rating in the nation per KenPom, allowing 70 points to an unranked Maryland team earlier this season was a rare sight for the Badgers. It was the only time this season that Wisconsin surrendered that many points to an unranked team in regulation, and it was due to a surprisingly lackluster defense — interior and perimeter — that allowed Maryland to shoot its best percentage (50 percent) against a conference opponent all season long. If Wisconsin hopes to achieve redemption during Wednesday night’s game, they need to bring the defense that’s kept opponents to a .405 clip all season long, especially with the height advantage they pose against Marylands’ bigs.