The University of Maryland suspended remaining spring semester study abroad programs, according to a campuswide email Saturday night.

All students are required to return to their home of record “as soon as possible” to avoid health risks and unanticipated travel restrictions, wrote senior vice president and provost Mary Ann Rankin in the email.

“I want to emphasize that we have reached the decision out of deep and growing concern for the health and safety of our students,” Rankin wrote.

Read more: [“None of it feels real”: UMD students studying in Europe scramble to book flights home]

The university is working with students abroad and their emergency contacts to provide resources and additional guidance, Rankin added.

Earlier this semester, the university suspended programs in Italy, China and South Korea. On Tuesday, it canceled in-person classes after spring break until April 10, and by Wednesday, it canceled all study abroad programs in Europe following President Donald Trump’s announced travel ban.

Read more: [UMD suspends all study abroad programs in Europe]

The Europe travel ban, which was extended to the United Kingdom Saturday, went into effect Friday. All travel from the continent to the U.S. is banned, with the exception of U.S. citizens, permanent residents and their families.