Maryland football quarterback Tyrrell Pigrome plans to enter the transfer portal, 247Sports reported Tuesday.

Pigrome featured in 11 games last season, making three starts. The junior scored five total touchdowns while throwing six interceptions.

Pigrome entered the 2019 season competing with Virginia Tech transfer Josh Jackson for the starting position — a race Jackson wound up winning. But injuries and up-and-down performances piled up for Jackson, offering Pigrome a route to playing time.

[Read more: Often waiting his turn with Maryland football, Tyrrell Pigrome is starting once more]

A three-star recruit out of Clay-Chalkville High School in Alabama, Pigrome was part of former coach DJ Durkin’s first recruiting class in 2016. He also earned Gatorade Alabama Player of the Year honors in 2015. He made one start as a freshman, racking up 576 total yards and six total touchdowns as a run-first option.

Pigrome appeared poised to break out in his sophomore campaign, scoring three touchdowns — two passing and one rushing — to push the Terps out to an early lead against Texas. But the then-sophomore suffered a season-ending ACL tear in the 51-41 victory.

[Read more: Tyrrell Pigrome’s winding career has led back to the helm of Maryland football’s offense]

Pigrome ends his Maryland career with 1,592 passing yards, nine touchdowns and 10 interceptions, adding 617 rushing yards and eight touchdowns on the ground.

Pigrome was expected to compete for the starting position alongside Jackson, sophomore Tyler DeSue and redshirt freshman Lance Legendre. However, his departure leaves Maryland with just three scholarship quarterbacks — senior Max Bortenschlager announced his intentions to transfer on Twitter last week.