As Maryland football lost one running back commitment to Arkansas, coach Mike Locksley picked up an additional backfield option through the transfer portal Thursday.

Three-star tailback Ebony Jackson announced on Twitter he would be joining the Razorbacks next season. He had originally tweeted in December that despite missing early signing day he wouldn’t be going elsewhere.

The Marietta, Georgia native suffered a knee injury early in his senior campaign. According to 247sports, he feels back to full health and joins a crowded running back room in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Meanwhile, after losing Jackson, the Terps picked up Michigan transfer Jordan Castleberry. The 5-foot-7 halfback joined the Wolverines as a preferred walk-on but didn’t receive a carry in his freshman campaign.

At St. Edward High School in Ohio, Castleberry rushed for 1,543 yards and 20 touchdowns en route to a state championship. In the championship and semifinal matchups, Castleberry combined for 285 rushing yards and three touchdowns.

While Castleberry was unranked on 247sports, he was named Northeast Ohio Player of the Year in 2018 and he joins a Terps squad looking for depth in the backfield. Maryland lost Anthony McFarland and Javon Leake to the NFL Draft, and Lorenzo Harrison announced his medical retirement Monday.

That leaves Jake Funk — who is coming back from his second ACL tear in as many seasons — and Tayon Fleet-Davis — who missed the final two games after he was charged with driving under the influence — as the lone returners for Maryland.

Castleberry will join incoming freshman Peny Boone and Isaiah Jacobs, both three-star prospects.