Three-star cornerback Rashad Battle has decommitted from Maryland football, he announced Wednesday on Twitter

He becomes the second player in the Terps’ 2020 class to decommit in what is the first full recruiting cycle for first-year coach Mike Locksley.

Battle originally committed to Maryland in June after receiving attention from schools such as Georgia Tech, Louisville, West Virginia, South Carolina and Baylor. 

The Georgia native has slowly risen among the national rankings, going from the No. 45 cornerback in the class in June to No. 35 in November, per 247Sports. 

[Read more: Maryland women’s basketball secures Angel Reese, the No. 2-ranked player in class of 2020]

Maryland’s 2020 class is still plentiful with secondary talent, as it still holds commitments from three three-star cornerbacks — Tarheeb Still, Devyn King and Shane Mosley — as well as three-star safety Beau Brade.

Even before Battle’s decommitment, Locksley’s first recruiting class as head coach has been a disappointment. 

The Terps’ coach has preached the importance of keeping local talent, but none of the state’s top-20 players in the class have chosen to play in College Park.

Outside linebacker Ruben Hyppolite — Maryland’s No. 1 overall recruit in the class — has reaffirmed his commitment to the team on Twitter, but that hasn’t stopped him from taking visits to other schools. 

The Florida native is Maryland’s only four-star recruit in the 2020 class but is now planning to tour Alabama, Penn State and Miami.

With the Terps’ recruiting battle now standing on even shakier ground, the team holds just the 48th overall class nationally and 11th in the Big Ten.