University of Maryland Police responded last week to reports of assault, CDS violations, an alcohol violation and suspicious activity, among others, according to police logs.

Assault
On April 14 at about 4:40 p.m., University Police responded to Fraternity Row for a reported assault.

A female said she had been assaulted by another female earlier that morning on the sidewalk between the Alpha Epsilon Phi and the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority houses at about 2 a.m., police spokesperson Sgt. Rosanne Hoaas wrote in an email.

The two females know each other, and the victim did not sustain any injuries, Hoaas wrote.

This case is active.

CDS violations
On April 14 at about 12:30 a.m., University Police approached three people who appeared to be drinking from a bottle of alcohol near the intersection of Hotel Drive and Route 1, Hoaas wrote.
The officer realized the group was not drinking alcohol, but did smell marijuana.

Two of the men, neither of which are affiliated with the university, were issued civil citations for possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana.

Both cases are closed.

On Tuesday at about 12:20 a.m., a University Police officer was walking in the Chapel Field area when he saw a male standing by himself in the pedestrian tunnel.

The officer spoke to the male, a student at this university, who was holding “CDS paraphernalia” and admitted to smoking marijuana, Hoaas wrote.

The student was issued a civil citation for possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana and was referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

This case is closed.

Police also made four CDS arrests last week, according to daily crime logs: one Tuesday near the Denton Community, two Wednesday — one at Greenbelt Road and one at Centreville Hall — and one Thursday at Easton Hall.

Alcohol violation
On April 14 at about 2 a.m., University Police responded to a vehicle parked by Cambridge Hall for a person inside the vehicle that needed assistance.

The male passenger — who was under 21 — was taken to the hospital for alcohol-related issues for further evaluation, Hoaas wrote.

The driver, Chi-Sen Wang, 22, of Hyattsville, was arrested for furnishing alcohol to an underage person, Hoaas wrote.

Suspicious activity
On April 13 at about 9:45 p.m., University Police responded to the Artemesia Building for a report of suspicious activity.

Two people reported to police that the doors of the building were propped open, Hoaas wrote.

When officers looked around the area, they saw a van with a fake temporary license plate, which was seen at the building in the days leading up to the incident, she added.

The vehicle was unoccupied, but officers located the driver, who confirmed he owned the van and that he had been inside the building, Hoaas wrote.

Police impounded the van and items inside were taken, since they were “fraudulent or evidence to a possible burglary,” Hoaas wrote.

The male was issued a denial of access to the university and was released.

This case is active.