Thanks to a strong first three rotations, the Maryland gymnastics team entered floor almost certain to set a season-high Sunday.

For seniors Alex Robinson and Megan McClelland, the event was the perfect opportunity to put on a show on Senior Day.

The duo fed off the team’s high energy with standout floor exercises that earned a 9.825 and 9.800, respectively. That helped the Terps set a season-best floor score of 49.175.

[Read more: Maryland gymnastics shatters previous season high with 196.525 on Senior Day]

Robinson and McClelland’s displays highlighted a meet filled with strong senior showings, as the Terps shattered their previous season high team score with a 196.525 — the fifth-highest in program history.

“What a way to send off our seniors,” coach Brett Nelligan said. “You couldn’t have asked for a better [day].”

Underclassmen lead Nelligan’s squad — sophomores Emilie LeBlanc and Audrey Barber each notched 9.9s on beam, among others — but the four seniors were standouts on their day, rousing excitement while also encouraging their younger teammates on the sidelines.

“I was really proud of all of us,” McClelland said. “Just knowing that it’s our last time competing as a Terp in our own gym. … That showed [in] our gymnastics, and we all did really well.”

[Read more: Maryland gymnastics hopes to carry its momentum into another double weekend]

Prior to the meet, Maryland’s seniors got a roaring reception from the home crowd, and they responded accordingly. On vault, Deanna Magro’s season-high 9.75 helped push the team to a season-best 49.125 in the event.

Magro’s explosive vault set the stage for the seniors’ energized routines that followed. Robinson and Shynelle Agaran put up solid scores on bars as the Terps broke 49 for the sixth time this season in the event, and Robinson and McClelland each matched their career-highs on floor to close out the meet.

“Every one of them stepped up,” Nelligan said. “I was happy that our seniors could come out and have a storybook ending to their careers.”

Entering Sunday’s meet, McClelland had competed just five times this season. But in the quad meet, her veteran presence was on full display with her first 9.8 of the season.

As soon as she finished her routine, McClelland was mobbed by her ecstatic teammates.

“Finishing my floor routine and just seeing all my teammates and how happy they were for me,” McClelland said. “It’s incredible to know that I have such a great family here.”