In a powerhouse program such as Maryland men’s lacrosse, many players look to go pro. Attackman Louis Dubick has a different plan after graduation — he’s going into the world of finance.

Dubick, a master’s student in the business school, spent last summer in New York as a sales and trading analyst at Morgan Stanley. He’ll become a cross-asset sales analyst for the firm after this season.

With his post-graduation plans set, Dubick’s been afforded the opportunity to focus on his on-field performance more than in past years.

“For Louis, he’s already checked a number of boxes, which I think helps a young guy when he’s thinking about his future,” said coach John Tillman. “He can really focus in on his last few months here, and I think we’ve seen a lot of clarity from him.”

[Read more: Maryland men’s lacrosse used its depth to overcome a slow start against Bucknell]

Prior to arriving in College Park, Dubick starred at Winston Churchill High School in Potomac, where he became the Maryland high school lacrosse all-time leader in goals, assists and points — records that still stand today. After his prolific high school career, Dubick followed in the footsteps of his father, Marc, and grandfather, Harry, and joined the Maryland lacrosse program.

Through his first three years on the field, Dubick made 52 appearances and one start. He featured primarily as an extra-man specialist, accumulating 13 goals and four assists in his opportunities to contribute to a team that appeared in three consecutive final fours and won a national championship during his career.

[Read more: No. 3 Maryland men’s lacrosse overcomes turnovers to defeat Bucknell 11-6 in season opener]

He started his final season alongside Jared Bernhardt and Logan Wisnauskas on the first attack line against Bucknell. Tillman said he’s seeing it all start to come together for the third-generation Terrapins lacrosse player.

“Louis has been a guy we’ve just been waiting for it to click and I feel like it’s really clicked for him,” Tillman said. “Every year, there’s always a couple seniors that really seem to blossom; their sense of urgency, the light at the end of the tunnel, they can see it. … Now this is his opportunity and I think he’s kind of said, ‘This is going to be my year.’”

As the attackman paired with Bernhardt and Wisnauskas — Maryland’s top returning scorers from last season — Dubick may see some open chances for himself to score or cut when defense is key in on the aforementioned duo.

And in Maryland’s 11-6 season-opening win over Bucknell last weekend, Dubick picked up his first goal of the campaign and added an assist.

But the senior’s influence on the attack also involves being a vocal leader. After Maryland’s season opener, Wisnauskas credited Dubick with organizing the attack and ensuring they were executing the offensive sets accordingly.

“Obviously they’re both unbelievable players, so understanding that role, and understanding you don’t have to do too much,” Dubick said. “Just understanding the offense, where to be and playing off those guys has [been] what’s helping me.”

With his future plans determined, Dubick has a weight off his shoulders early in his final lacrosse season. After following his family legacy to Maryland, Dubick is poised for one final breakout year.

“The biggest thing is probably just enjoying being with my teammates,” Dubick said, “enjoying the ride and cherishing every last second here.”